NEBRASKA MASONIC HOME

 

Plattsmouth, NE | 2013

73,500 sq. ft. - Renovation

16,000 sq. ft. - New Construction

 

Carlson West Povondra’s relationship with the Nebraska Masonic Home began in 1989. Wishing to maintain the historic nature of the campus yet incorporate state-of-the-art systems and modern, high-quality healthcare practices has led to a continual upgrade process over the course of many years. CWPA has helped grow the campus into a compilation of inter-connected independent and assisted living apartments, skilled nursing, and Alzheimer’s care facilities while maintaining its historical significance within the community.

 

Previous projects included renovation and remodeling of the 1952 wings of the complex by converting two levels of nursing care rooms into assisted living apartments, converting a third level into administrative offices, board space and reception, and on a fourth level providing finish upgrades for the main dining room.  We have also worked on multiple systems upgrades including, a complete replacement of the nurse call system, replacement and expansion of the fire alarm system, multiple HVAC and electrical system upgrades, and kitchen and laundry improvements.

 

Most recently, CWPA provided design and construction administration services for a major renovation of the oldest (1924) wing of the complex.  This renovation consisted of converting single room apartments into 2 bedroom independent living units, conversion of the 1962 wing to additional administrative space, and replacing the outdated preparation kitchen.   The final phase of the project was a new addition consisting of a high-capacity, modern kitchen, two new dining rooms, and activity spaces for long term nursing care support.   The facility remained open and operational throughout all construction making it necessary for CWPA to coordinate a phased schedule with the owner and contractor to be ensure the safety, comfort and necessities for staff and residents.

 

Photographs by Philip Daubman Photography

ABOUT

PEOPLE

© 2016 Carlson West Povondra Architects

5060 Dodge St | Omaha, NE 68132